Social Media Marketing (SMM)
What is SMM
The social media marketing itself is a catch-all term for all the websites that may give radically different actions. For example, Twitter is a social media that has been designed in such a way so that people share short messages or updates with their followers.
Facebook, on the other hand, is a social networking site that allows the users in sharing photos, videos, events, updates and a lot of other activities. The marketing on the social media varies from one to another. You cannot expect to follow the same strategy to use on Twitter that you are using on Facebook.
Every social media site is different, and you need to understand these for a proper marketing through the social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. are the top social networking sites that might help you to expand your business successfully.
You need to know about every social networking site in details if you are willing to attract the possible customers through it. However, it may no longer come as a surprise but the influencers are vital than the traditional way of advertising. Why? This is because; the customers want recommendation and reviews from the credible sources not from the brand itself.
You might be wondering how to get started in the social media marketing. Well, it is not as easy as you think. You cannot just open a Facebook page or a Twitter account and expect to earn thousand dollars every month. You need to work for it if you want something from it. The point is, you might or might not like social media but you need it as a platform to develop as well as protect your reputation.
Here are ten steps that will teach you a successful social media marketing and these are:
- Determine the goal of your business and what you want from the social media.
- Evaluate your resources. It is imperative to pay attention to the content, design and regular activity of the social media profile.
- Know your possible customers because it will help you advertise your service or product rightly.
- Create amazing and attractive content for your social media profile. Know what types of contents are more liked by the audiences and the target customers.
- Integrate the marketing efforts of your company. Promote your products both online and offline so that you get the benefit of both types of advertisement.
- Make a schedule. Allocate a specific time of the day that will only be spent on social media for promoting your business in the right way. Create a schedule because it is easier to stick to it in this way.
- Know the 80-20 rule. Divide your time in such a way that you spend 80% of it on usual social media activities and 20% on self-promotional activities.
- Like every other marketing strategy, focus on quality than the quantity.
- Give up control. Let the audience take the control and discuss your product.
- Never stop learning. Your biggest mistake can be your best teacher as well.